Marital Rape

Marital Rape …are we forced to get there?????

I live in Dubai for last 9 years and have dream to go back to my home town New Delhi one day. After hearing about Afghan and Taliban last night that they have issued a law where rape in the marriage is legalized; I am shocked, ashamed and filled with anger. I feel sorry for the women in Afghan and Taliban areas. Entire women community has been let down & degraded in front of the world. The irony is that this suppression and subjugation is their fate till some one come forward to their rescue.

A wild thought struck my mind that "Is that where we have been pushed back home too?" The supporters of such kind of conservative and so called hard hit Hindutava people might even do it in India???? GOD FORBID IF AT ALL; THEY COME IN POWER??????????? WILL I TAKE MY KIDS IN A COUNTRY WHERE THIS KIND OF PEOPLE STAYS IN POWER? The relief toady is that they are not in a majority but anything is possible in a coalition politics.

I have seen those horrifying pictures of innocent young women and men getting abused in Bangalore pub. They beat even men for wearing sleeveless t-shirt. They do moral policing on how our young girls and boys should behave, what they should wear & what they shouldn't. The religious stakeholders are not afraid to even beat brothers and sisters riding on the same bike. They drag couple on the streets and humiliate women by pulling their hair. They jail if someone party.

What is next????????????????????? Is that not what Talibans started with? Is that what my India is going to be?????????

What has been done to my country? The magnificent 5000 years old history and culture that is one of the most ancient civilizations to allow and honor even prostitution as a profession. Civilization that has survived even after enormous attacks by foreigner, given shelter & embraced many kings & rulers, tolerated humongous tortures; it was one of the richest country in the world, got looted and robbed by looters. Partitioned and cut into pieces but today again we stand TALL as a challenge to the world so called super powers. We the Indians have brought the fame & the glory back to us & proved our worth to the whole wide world again.

Tolerance & endurance are the values that we cherish. From the times of Lord Rama we have witnessed that girls have the right to select their grooms. From the times of Lord Krishna we have witnessed romance in our society. This is my India. We the Indians including women like me; made our India proud by our tiny individual achievements & contribution in national and international arena.

I am a woman and I stand for the dignity and the proud of women race. I stand with the women in Afghan, Taliban & in Bangalore or any other part of the world; where so called MAN governed laws are imposed that has nothing to do with any religion what so ever. By the virtue of my inter-religion marriage, I am fortunate enough to explore both Hindu and Muslim religion & my understanding of both the religion is that it does not state what has been imposed in barbaric law. In fact Women in Islam have been given a gigantic right to give divorce to a man without any reason. I resist & stand against this law and the ideology behind such religious aggression; be it in Afghan, Pakistan, India or anywhere in the world.

I am all the more troubled with religion based relatively big political parties and many more brokers of our religion; who are not only ditching us but also defaming our faith and our core values.

Talking about BJP & Congress, it is impossible for a human body to take a kidney from a donor whose blood group does not match or organ in itself is defected. Similarly BJP, RSS, BRD, SIMMI, VHP all such politically defected parties cannot do any good to our Nation. Such infectious cells cannot get along with open minded, modern, educated civilized society....they will eventually come up with something like Talibans & Afgans.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As you mentioned in your blog Marital Rape I dont agree with your 5000 years of glorified civilization, if you analyse carefully all civilization you will find pain , blood and suffering of the masses, only a portion of total population enjoyed all the privileges and they put every body in a hell. If we take a case of great indian
civilization only Brahmins and upper caste people lived live and rest of the shudra suffered a lot, there daughters were forced to do prostitution for the sake of brahmins and chatri, dev dasi were used to be from lower class to satisfy the temple management, and the prostitution were glorified as you mentioned, actually they were living in a hell in there live time,only difference then and now women are walking with walldrove malfunction on a ramp today and even a shudra can enjoy this on tv . I will never agree that past was good and i cant glorified the suffering of the people of past, if you really ask me the color of THe great TAJ, my answer is RED .


Roopmati gues my name

Popular posts from this blog

Saddam Vs Gandhi

My Truth

Breaking News.Terror plot behind Serial bombings in India.The real TRUTH in focus with me