ZabaAn- an Issue




ZabaAn ka pher-matters of the words
(Linguistic Communalism-An Issue)
 I often think that there is no communalism bigger than LINGUISTIC Communalism. It has poisoned human race since the time we have known human race. Having suffered from the same and coming out as a winner from the narrow thinking of being trapped with the words is an amazing feeling altogether. This divine & heightened place is that;  where you achieve humanity and the LORD of the worlds. 

Beyond language you can see the limitless & the crux of the words. Often meanings get dissolved in the ocean of linguistic hatred. I still remember my mom said once while she was losing the warmth of the life on the cold beds of the hospitals is that “ Beta Bhagwan tu ek hai bas saAmaj ke saath rehne ke liye USE alag-alag namon se bulate hain; mar ke sab ek jagah jane wale hain phir wo swarg ho ya narak” ( my child, God is one, we have to live in the society that’s why we call “IT” with the name; that we are taught from our childhood; otherwise after death we all have to go to the same place be it a Heaven or a Hell)

I now realize after 20+ long years of her death that she was beyond the language limits.

I have been hearing from my childhood a religious couplet “Tum bin aur na Duja;…..aas karun main jiski”. This is what I have learnt in my successive years “La Illah ILLalah”.

Look at the irony; people say this is a result of conversion into Islam.  Am I converted? Was I not the same person then; when I used to recite those couplets? What has changed now? I see the language only.

On the contrary if one use English; it’s considered “posh”.  Anyone saying  “GOD” is okay . there is no religious association as such; no body reacts. Instead it is called high class, posh language to use in today’s contemporary world.

Accept it or not I have experienced the secular status that English has acquired over the years. Is it not a planned move of the world to push certain languages in to the darkness of ages like Sanskrit and Hebrew?

 

continue…………………

 

Comments

SHAFIQUR RAHMAN said…
Its nature. Survival of the fittest. Evolve or be extinct. ENGLISH language is like a scavenger, feeding on the remnants of old obsolete languages like sanskrit and hebrew. But still it is always said to be a derivative not the master lingua as in the case of Latin hebrew or sanskrit.
Thanks for the comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

Saddam Vs Gandhi

Breaking News.Terror plot behind Serial bombings in India.The real TRUTH in focus with me