Dear Obama

Dear OBAMA.

I am one among those who are enjoying today. Enjoying for the hope that you have given, enjoying the moment and preying that “Oh GOD!, pl help Obama and all of us to make it true. Inshallah we will and as u say “YES WE CAN”. I am your biggest fan, not because you are an American but because you sound so human when u talk. You are humble, so normal but still charismatic, your honest speeches forced me to like you and look upto u.

You are my fifth roles model. My Mom, Gandhiji, Shah Rukh Khan, my hubby Nadeem and you are now on the list. Why you? Becz of ur achievements that u could reach at such a height. I am sure u must have faced N number of hurdles but u r THERE NOW.

I was awake lastnite to hear your historical speech. I loved every bit of it except this line "We remain the most prosperous, powerful nation on Earth". I don’t know what u meant by saying that. However, how I, as a layman understand this, is that America wants to be and needs to be the MOST powerful nation on the earth? Please clarify.

May I ask you why MOST powerful? With who are comparing urself with? Why American needs to be the most powerful? Is it a some sort of inferiority complex, American carry? Why u did not say that you want to be the most loved nation on the earth? Do u want all the nations to bow down in front of America?

This is what two Bush’s wished for, and u can see today the world is at its worst economic crisis today. OIL and WAR, blood and orphans, tears and miseries, injustice and yet denial these are the gifts we have received from America. I had a dream to visit America once and trust I started hating the idea of visiting such a place where citizens are so ignorant that they had not elected Bush once but twice. Pity and anger, I had two feelings for Americans.

Then u emerged as a HOPE. Hope for the world who is shattered with food crisis and somehow trying to sustain infront of the tremendous challenges imposed upon us by America. I am sure you know that what America means to the rest of the world. For us America is AMERICAN PRSIDENT. He is deciding the fate of the world. A dummy god. Please don’t try to be our god. We have ONE up there and he will take care of us..

Please bring shift from your wish to be the most powerful nation on the earth. People do not want this. We all want to live with prosperity, peace and respect. We do not wish to be overpowered by any nation.

Please clarify ur statement to the world as we all have TOO many expectations from you.

Roopa Sharma Hasan

Comments

WOW!
thats all i can say.... as this letter is so deeply thought of and it uncovers the true sentiment of a common person and moreso it talks about the deep routed fear of this common person who is so concerened for the world and want to live a simple life where every one is equally respected.
Bravo meri jan!

Popular posts from this blog

Saddam Vs Gandhi

My Truth

Marriage in Rush